Saturday, July 21, 2007

Letting Go, Part 1

Thank you to Amy at Amy's Humble Musings for sharing her heart with us. Finding a new home can be both exciting and heartbreaking, but knowing the Giver of all things brings us peace. We are hoping to move into a 3 bedroom townhouse in New Jersey at the end of August. We need to move to New Jersey because my husband drives 2-2 1/2 hours each way every day for work. At this time we are not ready to buy a home. First, we must be approved for this townhouse based on my husbands salary and our credit. Our credit has been an issue since we were married 5 years ago. Each of us bringing the consequences of our own actions into our marriage. Needless to say it has been very hard to fix the past while maintaining a household and taking care of 2 children. It sometimes feels as if we will never be free of it.

Amy quotes Elisabeth Elliot, “I had been praying for something I wanted very badly. It seemed a good thing to have, a thing that would make life even more pleasant than it is, and would not in any way hinder my work. God did not give it to me. Why? I do not know all of his reasons, of course. The God who orchestrates the universe has a good many things to consider that have not occurred to me, and it is well that I leave them to Him. But one thing I do understand: He offers me holiness at the price of relinquishing my own will.”

When I read this quote it occurred to me; we may be rejected for this town house; it may be because our credit is still not good enough (though it is better then it was 5 years ago). I will be disappointed, and I will be frustrated if that happens, but as Elisabeth Elliot said,..."my god offers me holiness at the price of relinquishing my own will." I thank him for that. I want to relinquish my own will in this matter. Doing all that I can to correct my many mistakes and then resting in Him. Every major change that we have gone through has been difficult if not almost impossible. But each time God has provided us a way, His Way. Thank you Lord for your mercy.

His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. 1 Peter 1:3-4

No comments: